Cambridge Springs, PA – In honor of National Co-op Month, Northwestern Rural Electric Cooperative is happy to announce the recipients of its 2017 Clearly Brighter Teacher Grants. A total of $3,000 has been awarded to ten local educators for their special class projects. First implemented in 2000, a total of $51,000 in grant funds has been awarded to teachers and educators throughout Northwestern REC's service territory.
The 2017 Clearly Brighter Teacher Grant recipients are:
• Mary Beth Hengelbrok (et al), Wattsburg Area Middle School, $450 for STEAM Project
• Christine Gordon, Meadville Area Middle School, $250 for Season Specials
• Debbie Webber , Corry Area Primary School, $250 for Early Literacy Exploration
• Adelbert Sturdevant, Maplewood Jr/Sr High School, $250 for Segmented Bowl
• Katie Waddell (et al), Edinboro Elementary School, $450 for Maneuvering on the Moon
• Stacey Thompson, Cochranton Elementary School, $250 for Stem Building
• Stephen McClune, Hermitage House Youth Svcs., $200 for 3D Design and Printing
• Hannah Kulic (et al), Waterford Elementary School, $470 for Calculator Puzzles Solved
• Laura McWright, Christian Faith Home Ed. Co-op, $180 for Bridge Building
• Carolyn M Brown, Meadville Area Midde School, $250 for Author Art
As a community-focused cooperative, Northwestern REC is dedicated to offering programs that help improve the quality of life. The teacher grant program is one way the co-op reaches out to children – the members of tomorrow.
The Clearly Brighter Teacher Grant Program was designed to reach these kids by helping their teachers better afford innovative and effective educational curriculum that is not covered by traditional school financing. Individual teachers can apply for grants up to $250, while teams of teachers (two or more) can apply for grants up to $500. Each year, Northwestern REC will award a total of $3,000 through this grant program. Applications for the next grant period (fall 2018) will be accepted online beginning May 1, 2018, through Sept. 15, 2018. Visit NorthwesternREC.coop for more information. Questions may be directed to Amy Wellington Fuller, manager of communications, at 1-800-352-0014.
Northwestern REC is a member-owned electric cooperative serving over 20,000 members throughout five counties in northwest Pennsylvania.
# # #