Attic Insulation Rebate Program
Receive a rebate of 50% of the cost to replace the insulation in your attic, up to $500
- All projects must be a retrofit installation in an existing residential home on Northwestern's lines. This rebate is not applicable to new construction, additions/expansions, commercial, garage or other non-conditional living areas.
- Final insulation level must be a minimum of R38 to qualify.
- Existing insulation must be R19 or less.
- After all program requirements are met, a rebate in the form of an electric bill credit will be issued to the member's account. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after receipt of all documents for the bill credit to appear.
- Applicant must own the residence and be the homeowner on record. Only one rebate is permitted per residence.
- Insulation must be installed by a registered contractor.
- All applications must be complete and include a contractor payment receipt.
- All projects must comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and building codes.
How do I sign up?
Call the Energy Solutions Department at 1-800-352-0014. You will need to complete the Attic Insulation Rebate Application and submit it along with your paid receipt to Northwestern REC.
Some disclaimers about this program
Northwestern REC reserves the right to inspect the member's home for installation of materials listed on the application and to verify that installation meets program guidelines. The member may not receive the rebate if Northwestern REC cannot verify the information provided on the application form.
In no way does Northwestern REC assume responsibility for the work completed by the contractors. Northwestern REC does not guarantee energy savings and does not make any warranties associated with the measures eligible for incentives under this program. Northwestern REC does not endorse any particular manufacturer, contractor, product, labor, or system design by offering this program and will not be responsible for any tax liability imposed on the member as a result of the payment of incentives, does not expressly or implicitly warrant the performance of installed materials or contractor's quality of work. (Contact your contractors for detailed warranties). Northwestern REC is not responsible for the proper disposal/recycling of any waste generated as a result of this project, is not liable for any damage caused by the installation of the materials or for any damage caused by the malfunction of the installed materials. Northwestern REC reserves the right to make changes to the program without notice. Submission of application does not guarantee a rebate, funding for the program is limited. Once funds budgeted for the rebate program are exhausted the program stops. The rebated dollar amounts are subject to change without notice.