Are you interested in PrePaid electric service? Visit the PrePay page or call Member Services at 1-800-352-0014.
A Membership Application will need to be completed and returned to Northwestern REC prior to service connection.
Download the Membership Application.
Return it to Northwestern REC, P.O. Box 207, Cambridge Springs, PA 16403.
Application for Service is regulated by the FACT ACT of the Federal Government. The FACT Act is designed to protect individuals' identities. Complying with the FACT Act determines Northwestern REC's service application requirements. New members will need to verify positive ID for establishing a membership with the cooperative.
You must provide a valid ID prior to service connection. The following options are available to you:
- You can visit the Co-op office during normal business hours with a government issued photo ID.
- You can provide positive ID to our field personnel when establishing a new service.
- You can download one of the following affidavits that must be notarized:
- Download Individual Affidavit for residential service.
- Download Business Affidavit for commercial service.
- Deposit for residential accounts are based on your Credit Risk generated at the time of your new service request and are as follows:
- Low Risk - $0
- Medium Risk - $100
- High Risk - $200
- Connection fee is $50 for residential accounts.
NOTE: Credit Risk reports are kept private and completely secure. They are based on a person's past utility bill (electric, gas, water, etc.) payment history. Applicants can choose to forgo the deposit by electing to enroll in the PrePay program.
You will need to be at the location during our working hours on the day of the scheduled meeting/connection.
Email your membership application forms to Northwestern REC Member Services.